Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum  

Go Back   Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum > Techjobs Tools > Salary

Join Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum!
Welcome: Got Questions on how to use the site ? Visit the FAQ section | Advertise on Techjobs for as low as $1 contact admin@techjobs.co.in

Old 1st February 2010, 04:06 PM   #1
alstonfered

Member Rating: (0)
alstonfered is on a distinguished road
Asking about pay in a job interview?

I did a search and nothing came up. I would think this is a popular question.
Yesterday I had a job interview and there was no mention of pay or the amount of hours. I decided to ask how many hours and the kind of pay and I also added in (to lessen the burden perhaps) "Is it appropriate to ask about the pay" They said yes, smiled, and said they weren't sure yet but asked what my requirements would be. I told them and they said it was dueable.

So, ask about pay in a job interview? Yes? No? If so, was mine OK, if not how should I have formed the question?
alstonfered is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Related Links
Old 5th February 2010, 07:06 AM   #2
alex_champ

alex_champ is on a distinguished road
Personally, in all of my job interviews, if the interviewer failed to mention the salaray then I would ask about it. It's necessary that you discuss this upon the interview so that you won't be having any discrepancies once you start working.
alex_champ is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
jack705

jack705 is on a distinguished road
Its true people mostly hesitate to ask about pay, but if you have a successful interview then mostly they inform you about salary, some time you can negotiate but it depend on the factor how much company needs you
jack705 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 06:16 PM   #4
suphwed55

suphwed55 is on a distinguished road
Interview Technique

Hi,
As am more experienced in HR services,it is humble request to you that -whenever any questions on salary expectations will be asked in interviews,we are not supposed to tell about the exact figure of our expected salary.
Rather we shall react in a very democratic way.
Our answer should be-My expectations from your company as the company will pay to its best candidate as per its norms.
And regarding salary amount should be asked to the interviewer or not!!
Generously it should be asked but depending on the circumstance and a brief analysis of the interviewer's mood should be made.
But am quite sure that they will not tell the exact amount rather they will insist on your expectations.
So be careful...
All the best for your future endeavours.

Old 13th May 2010, 04:56 PM   #5
shyam

shyam is on a distinguished road
yes its ok to ask at the end of interview

Hi,

Yes disussed by most of the members its good to ask at the end of the sucessful interview.
shyam is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 07:32 PM   #6
winger321

winger321 is on a distinguished road
Salary is not problem for any company when they decided to select you for the company, hesitation in asking about salary is not a good habit, mostly interviewing persons clear about salary at the time of interview.
winger321 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 10:48 AM   #7
jobsinindia19

jobsinindia19 is on a distinguished road
But ! can we ask Salary question as, Q. whats the salary range for this post ?

How it would be consider? please reply.
jobsinindia19 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 08:17 PM   #8
jamshedpur-jobs

jamshedpur-jobs is on a distinguished road
अधिकतम नौकरी के लिए इंटरव्यू में वे वेतन आप करना चाहते हैं के बारे में पूछना
jamshedpur-jobs is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 02:58 PM   #9
Deepti Mishra

Deepti Mishra is on a distinguished road
Yeah, its appropriate to ask about the salary & working hours in your interview. But try to put this question in front of interviwer in very polite way then it will shows your confidence.
Deepti Mishra is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 10:27 AM   #10
car rental cyprus

car rental cyprus is on a distinguished road
Its always good to know your salary at Interview. If you failed to do so, they might exploit you in many instance.
car rental cyprus is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote