Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum  

Go Back   Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum > TJ Community > Break Room

Join Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum!
Welcome: Got Questions on how to use the site ? Visit the FAQ section | Advertise on Techjobs for as low as $1 contact admin@techjobs.co.in

Old 26th January 2009, 04:32 PM   #1
shivcross

Member Rating: (0)
shivcross is on a distinguished road
virtual office assisstant

VIRTUAL OFFICE ASSISSTANT AS A CAREER

I have been working as a virtual office assistant for 4 years now. I get my salary debited into my account just like a normal office goer. I do not get any perks, allowances or pensions. I work in the convenience of my home in my own timings. I report every Monday morning with the finished work. I use MSoffice and Excel. I get paid once a month. When I started initially I received instructions and training through emails and I am updated with instructions whenever needed. I have not been able to work for one month in the past 4 years and I did not receive pay for the one month that I did not work for. I have been supported for any queries that I needed to clarify and have got a few days time extension on request when I was not able to finish the job for the week. I spend 1 hour online daily and 1 hour offline on my computer. I have never seen or spoken to my employer. I have not got rich quick or made loads of quick internet cash. Being a VOA is my second job and I plan to continue doing it. Now I have been asked to build a team of VOAs since the work load has increased. With my experience, I will be guiding the VOAs in my team and making sure the work is done in time and as required. If:
you are above 18 years of age
Have internet access for 2 hours a day on weekdays [Mon. to Fri.] OR 10 hours on weekends
can read write and understand English
are ready to be committed at your job and be sincere
would like a serious career as VOA
would like a salaried online job

send an email to career@thecrossovers.com with a cc to shiv@thecrossovers.com

OVERVEIW ABOUT VIRTUAL OFFICE ASSISSTANTS

As the role of the internet and its effect on the business community evolves, what once had to be done in a traditional corporate office can now be done in one's home, in satellite offices or while travelling. Virtual Assistants also can provide a wider variety of services than the traditional administrative assistants, often incorporating desktop publishing, web page design, internet research, writing or other specialty skills into their available services. Because of this broad array of services, the virtual assistant is particularly valuable to small business owners, or those desiring personal assistants to help with less traditional tasks. It also allows the virtual assistant to specialize in the areas they find most interesting.
A Growing Trend
Virtual assistants are a rapidly growing trend, driven by a few key factors: the desire of employees to maintain more control over their work styles, demand from businesses to lower costs and improve efficiencies, and the availability of technology that enables both sides to connect.
A virtual employee saves the company considerable costs: no need for office space, no payroll tax or benefits, and no equipment to maintain. And the job can be tailored to the exact needs of the boss. If a business only needs a few hours of administrative work each week that's what they pay for - saving the cost of a full time employee.
As a virtual assistant, you're doing much the same as an office-based admin: handling correspondence, travel arrangements, maintaining the calendar, billing/accounting, research, translation, transcription, paralegal, concierge services and more. You do this as an independent contractor or freelancer. Unlike an office employee, you set your hours, decide the services you want to provide, and choose your clients.
shivcross is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Related Links
Old 22nd February 2009, 01:02 AM   #2
harkon

harkon is on a distinguished road
A very good work proposal shivcros. I hope a lot of people are interested and contact you. The role of the internet truly increases offering additional income.

Steve, http://www.yourcityoffice.com
harkon is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 11:34 PM   #3
ruth333

ruth333 is on a distinguished road
I have used one of those before. It is a nice resource.
ruth333 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 05:13 PM   #4
harmonsmith

harmonsmith is on a distinguished road
It is a good carer. As a small business owner, outsourcing work to Virtual Assistants is fast becoming a popular and intelligent decision. The business owner saves enormous amounts of money by cutting the costs of offices and equipment overhead as well as expensive benefits packages. I am also running a small business using this facility by valleyhq I am very satisfied and feel like I am able to increase my business now.
harmonsmith is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 12:44 PM   #5
rolandocarey9682

rolandocarey9682 is on a distinguished road
I am sorry to bother this thread but i cant stop my self to write how exciting a jop profile of virtual office assistant is.

I have been working as virtual office assistant for the past 6 months and I am enjoying a lot. I am able to give a proper time to my kids and wife.

the fat pay check out is good if you have expertise in your work and have dedication.
rolandocarey9682 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 04:56 AM   #6
afeeza

afeeza is on a distinguished road
Virtual Assistants also can provide a wider variety of services than the traditional administrative assistants, often incorporating desktop publishing, web page design, internet research, writing or other specialty skills into their available services.
afeeza is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote