Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum  

Go Back   Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum > Techjobs Tools > Salary

Join Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum!
Welcome: Got Questions on how to use the site ? Visit the FAQ section | Advertise on Techjobs for as low as $1 contact admin@techjobs.co.in

Old 11th December 2007, 04:38 PM   #1
thurrz

Member Rating: (0)
thurrz is on a distinguished road
10 Tips to Get The Right Job with the Right Salary

Its not enough to land on the right job, you should know how to handle risky salary negotiations to receive the pay that is tantamount to your skills and job experience. Below are the ten simple rules to be in the winning end of this job hunting madness.

1.Do your research on the salary offered for the position that you are seeking. Know what you are worth in the marketplace by reading printed materials, researching online or through word of mouth from career experts or people from your industry.

2. Wait for the employer to make the actual job offer because as a job seeker, you are not in the position to initiate the salary negotiations. If your asked about your expected salary, its advisable to give a range that a specific amount.

3.Bring your previous performance evaluations or letters of recommendation to support your salary request. It is much better if the recommendation letter came from the superior to make it more accurate and precise.

4. Delay the salary negotiation as long as possible until you know your full job description and duties.

5. Highlight, but donít brag, your strengths and achievements in your career that you think will make them know your a possible gem of the company.

6. Never lie about your current earnings or salary history to increase your perceived value, because you might get disappointed if they offer you a much lower salary.

7. Do negotiate your salary if you feel the first offer makes you short handed.. If you are not successful in getting the salary that you want, try to obtain other benefits, vacation leaves or bonuses.

8. Thank the employer when the offer was made but take your time before coming up with any job offer decision.

9. Be persuasive but not overly aggressive in negotiating your target salary.

10. Look at the entire compensation package being offered, not just the salary. Ask about all the benefits that the company will give, because it will probably be very useful for your future.

Remember that if itís the job that you really want and it will be a good starting point or ascension for your career, donít be greedy. In a way, high paid jobs is not that important if you will not going to enjoy with what youíre doing.
thurrz is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Related Links
Old 29th April 2009, 03:47 PM   #2
MH Vishal

MH Vishal is on a distinguished road
If it relies on technology it's not future proof. A powerful EMP could render all our technology useless tomorrow. If it relies on systems and needs that have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years, then yes, it's pretty future proof.
MH Vishal is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 05:37 PM   #3
malhotran

malhotran is on a distinguished road
If it relies on systems and needs that have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years, then yes, it's pretty future proof.
malhotran is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 10:06 AM   #4
san.heart1

san.heart1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot for the eleborate list, will surely be of help to a lot of people like me :)
san.heart1 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 05:10 PM   #5
darrenalex

darrenalex is on a distinguished road
Hi thurrz...

Thanks for providing nice information.
Now whenever i go for interview i surely read you tips...
darrenalex is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 05:53 AM   #6
john_burke73

john_burke73 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the great article. I can definitely use your advice, as I'm currently discussing my administrative assistant salary with a new employer. Number 1 and number 8 spoke to me the most.

John
john_burke73 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 09:10 AM   #7
diehardjobseeker

diehardjobseeker is on a distinguished road
usually i just ask for the amount of salary and not aware about the responsibilities and duties of the job. now i know the points to consider when asking about the salary. thanks for sharing this tips it opened my eye about this and enlightened my mind.
diehardjobseeker is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 06:47 PM   #8
armanjackson

armanjackson is on a distinguished road
If you are fresher and company is according to your job profile then avoid salary. Just join it and make job profile. After experience company will gives you high salary.
armanjackson is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:07 PM   #9
jack705

jack705 is on a distinguished road
i agree with malhotra and above members if its here for hundred not thousand then you can say have surety for future, well article is really good
jack705 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 06:53 PM   #10
aladamapee

aladamapee is on a distinguished road
Great tips, i wanna to add some thing more. Sincerity. honesty with your profession will leads to success in every field. Be specific your work and responsibilities.
aladamapee is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote