Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum  

Go Back   Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum > TJ Community > Break Room

Join Tech Jobs - IT Jobs , Walkins interviews India forum!
Welcome: Got Questions on how to use the site ? Visit the FAQ section | Advertise on Techjobs for as low as $1 contact admin@techjobs.co.in

Old 12th November 2009, 05:03 PM   #1
rohnsmith

Member Rating: (0)
rohnsmith is on a distinguished road
Carrier as a web designer..?

Hi to all

I want to make carrier in this fields.But I am little confused weather I should attend any class or I should learn online.Please suggest me ..
rohnsmith is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Related Links
Old 4th March 2010, 10:33 AM   #2
albernbowen

albernbowen is on a distinguished road
Hello RohanSmiith
Here are the 9 simple steps require to Become a Professional Web Designer and programmer.
1.Get a good vector graphics editor such as Adobe Illustrator. Making images using vector graphics is the easiest way to grasp graphics design, so spending some money on something like Illustrator or Fireworks will be a great help. Inkscape is a nice free and open-source alternative for beginners.
2.Look at how other web designers create sites, note how a menu or content area is laid out and then use that knowledge in your designs.
3.You will need to learn skills in XHTML(Extensible Hypertext Markup Language) and CSS(Cascading Stylesheets) as a foundation on which to build. Basically all websites are written in a combination of these two languages. A good place to begin learning them is at W3Schools. Good books on the subject are also helpful.
4.So far, XHTML controls only the structure and CSS the look of the website. Neither of them cover any kind of programming aspects. Well, XHTM is sometimes considered declarative programming, but that's out of scope of this how-to. A good introduction to actually programming websites (and indeed programming in general) is Javascript. Javascript takes care of all the client-side (scripts that are downloaded with the page and run on your local computer) programming. It will also teach you the fundamental concepts that will prove invaluable when you go on to learn server-side scripting using PHP.
5.Create dynamic websites using PHP and MySQL. These technologies will enable you to create a website that does not require you to make individual HTML pages but allow you to use templates to display multiple pages within the same design.
6.Create a web site that uses AJAX so you can utilise the server-side power of PHP without having to refresh the page thus saving bandwidth and enabling you to create 'interactive' web applications.
7.Install a web server on your Computer so that you can work on scripts locally without an internet connection.
8.Get yourself some script examples to "tinker" with: Finding a script to dissect is the best way to learn. Try CMS's like Drupal and Joomla
9.Start some Projects: Now with everything you know get yourself some hosting and a domain; then start creating sites.
albernbowen is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 06:33 PM   #3
dougyang83

dougyang83 is on a distinguished road
carrier or career?
Old 28th March 2010, 08:41 AM   #4
munnakv

munnakv is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to munnakv
Try to find online video tutorials.
They are helpful.
munnakv is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 03:42 PM   #5
sashpa25

nice choice yup!!!
Try to do own researches on google. U'll get more updated and innovative ideas and informations which will help you to get command over this area.
Have a nice time ahead........

Old 26th May 2010, 12:14 PM   #6
alenbillo2346

alenbillo2346 is on a distinguished road
The above nine points are very valid & helpful in this respect. As for as my suggestion is concerned, I will recommend you strongly that you should go to take regular classes only if you have a free time for it. Because such professional & technical knowledge can be acquired best ways by face to face instructions & practical work.
alenbillo2346 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 07:28 PM   #7
winger321

winger321 is on a distinguished road
Boy just go to www.webs.com create free websites and send request to google for adds, you can make so many website free of cost and as well as earn so much. Try to do it.
winger321 is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:48 AM   #8
shanewaatson@gmail.com

shanewaatson@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
first you should create your interest in web designing otherwise both class and online program both are waste. but i personally suggest you to join the classes...
shanewaatson@gmail.com is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 02:23 AM   #9
brandonbrownes

brandonbrownes is on a distinguished road
Carrier in as a web designer is a best decision by you. This is the bright career for you. There are lots of scope to make to prove your self. It is a such a nice career. In this career you can earn much you want,
brandonbrownes is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 11:05 PM   #10
doraponting

doraponting is on a distinguished road
I think web designing you can earn working in company and can work as freelancer also, can get many projects from net (online ) .
doraponting is offline   Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Del.icio.us Reply With Quote